Monday, June 27, 2011

Beads, Beads, and More Beads

So procrastination should really be my middle name. I excel at it. I'm busy working on my papers to wrap up my June class, but I had to take a break to do a little retail therapy... which subsequently lead to beading therapy.

Amit loves to follow Groupon. He usually finds fun excursions or restaurants through the site, but after our last jewelry day I think he picked up on how much I love making jewelry. A couple months ago he sent me a text before work, asking me if I saw the bead store Groupon. I laughed at him, since he usually doesn't encourage my crazy new habits, but looked at it and got super excited. Surprisingly, my crazy, sweetheart of a husband bought me the Groupon! On Saturday, Angela and I went to go buy some new beads at Beadles.
Bead overload!
 I seriously had no idea what I was going to end up getting. There were so many beads!! We finally figured it out after spending an hour and a half in the store. I got some great stuff and can't wait to make my fancy new necklace! Here are some of my other purchases and new creations (like I said, I procrastinate).
Mystery bag contents - Great deal on the beads, even though you don't know what you're going to get.
 A $5 vintage necklace - gorgeous!
Best part? I didn't have to string the beads myself!
A couple of my new creations
I still have lots of beads leftover...
Now just to finish my paper so I can figure out what to make!
Beading is seriously my new obsession. It's so much fun! Thank goodness there is a Beadles store in Rockport! It is going to be so much easier to get Amit to go with me now. ;-)  On another note, Ron's into beading too and is going to teach me how to make fancier earrings this weekend when we go back home. I can't wait!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment