Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Earthquake!

Well, so I hear. New England felt the effects of Virginia's earthquake yesterday afternoon. Sad to say, I was sitting on the couch next to our snoozing baby and felt nothing. Emma didn't even open her eyes. I got a text from Amit that said "earthquake!" and I replied "what"? He said they all felt an earthquake and that even the pictures were moving, so I went online and sure enough, we felt the tremors here in Boston. Gotta love Facebook and it's fast updates!

This is now the second earthquake that I haven't felt, but Amit has - the first one was in Schaumburg back when we were in high school. I think it was late at night, so of course I was probably sound asleep.

I checked my e-mail this morning and found this from our local website. Turns out that probably half of Needham felt it and the other half didn't. Crazy!

Check out the story:  http://needham.patch.com/articles/tremors-felt-in-needham

No comments:

Post a Comment