Thursday, December 22, 2011

My Favorite Ornaments

I always end up with leftover wrapping paper and first made some of these ornaments a couple years ago. This year I found this fabulous wrapping paper at Ikea and decided to decoupage like crazy! Here's how I do it:

Step 1: Circle Punch
I make a TON of circles.
My punch is about a half-inch in diameter.

Step 2: Start decoupaging.
I usually start from the top and work my way down,
overlapping circles as I go.
I used glossy Mod Podge for this part, 
but you could use matte.
Step 3: Just keep gluing.
And gluing.
And gluing.


Step 4: Add a little sparkle.
I love adding a layer or two of the glitter Mod Podge to the top.
You could also just sprinkle glitter instead.
I keep this until the end because it can get a little messy.
Voila!
Aren't they cute?
I love these ornaments, they are beautiful! You could use any old wrapping paper you have, though I think the wrapping paper should probably have a small pattern. I'll have to see what new wrapping paper patterns I find this Christmas, I have to make these every year!

No comments:

Post a Comment