Monday, May 30, 2011

Craft Day #2

Okay, so craft day totally came and went without a blog posting, but there is very good reason for it.
I'm addicted!!
Like seriously addicted. Craft attempt number 1 was so much work that we were going to try something a little easier. We chose jewelry making. I was a little hesitant because I'm not that great with little details, but I wanted to replicate a long necklace that I have in my Martha Stewart Encyclopedia of Crafts. This was going to be a very interesting day. We were so into the beading that we never really took pictures. 
We headed to the craft stores and literally spent two hours shopping. This is what I came away with:
Then came the repeated attempts to string (and subsequently lose) some of the beads, ties those crazy knots and get them inside the clam shells, and figure out how to space those knots. Let's just say I was getting very frustrated. The go-to "whine" for this craft day was "ALISON!" It all ended up okay though. This is what I made while at Angela's.
The only photo evidence of us actually "beading".
  Made these at home with my beads
 Mom got my first attempt at the knotted necklace for Mother's Day.
I'll make you an even better one! Promise!
And look what it started! More photos cannot be published until after Christmas this year. The finished products have to stay secret!
Since we all ended up being totally awesome at jewelry making, we decided that our next girls day needs to be something that doesn't cost money. Nature, here we come!

No comments:

Post a Comment