Saturday, September 3, 2011

Gumbo Night

I love getting presents!! Especially when they come in the mail. Dad and Grace got me a cast-iron dutch oven for my birthday. I've been wanting one for forever and couldn't wait to use it.. So what did we end up doing on our Saturday? I made Chicken and Sausage Gumbo from this place.
It's Michigan Football time again.
We whipped up some guacamole, yum!
Love my present!!!

 My mise en place. Gotta love all the meat and veggies.

C'mon Mom, just drop the chicken already!

If Amit asks, I was just getting some extra stock.
For the record - I went with the Meltaways over the leftover guac.
They're easier to sneak.

Lookin' good!!
(Who cares if I skipped the whole roux thing - 
don't make gumbo enough to make a giant batch of it.)
((Though that should probably change.))

Dinnertime!

The gumbo was delicious! My dutch oven is fabulous! Thanks so much, Dad and Grace! I'll have to make you something awesome when you come out to visit. I'm already planning my next meal, though I can't decide what to make. The options are endless!

No comments:

Post a Comment