Wednesday, October 14, 2009

There's a reason I love Martha...

This post is totally going to annoy Amit, who is hard at work, or sleeping hard, in class. I can't keep track of what classes are his naptime and which he actually pays attention in... I actually woke him up one morning, when I texted him during his class! Since its almost 11 here, I'd say he's awake with a grumbling stomach.

Anyways, back to the point... I love Martha Stewart, well, technically her and the people that work for her. Since I've become a married woman, my goal is to be able to run my house and make it look like Martha did it! Amit thinks I'm crazy, but she does have some great ideas!

I used a Borders graduation present to buy a few of her books, using coupons so I was super excited!

 
I have ZERO experience cleaning different surfaces, appliances, and taking care of a house. Back at home, I used to let Mom do it (which happened 90% of the time) or I would just clean with what she told me to use. I love this book, it has great organizational tips, which helps when you have lots of stuff and little space, and tells me how to clean anything and everything! 



This is the other one I just bought, and I am obsessed with it! She has some great craft ideas in here and I can't wait to try them all out! I love to scrapbook, but I am a pretty incompetent crafter overall, so hopefully this book will help me try out new things.

Anyways... the real inspiration for this post was today's Martha Stewart show. They made a seafood stew that I am super excited to try. It has 6 main ingredients (ignoring the oil/broth stuff that doesn't really count) so that will make it a super easy, delicious meal. So next time you come to visit perhaps you'll get a homecooked meal!

No comments:

Post a Comment