Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Snow Day!

During the summer months we missed our Midwest thunderstorms, but New England redeemed itself over the past 24 hours with a great Nor'easter! We were planning on staying home regardless of whether it was an official snow day or not, but I was so excited for the blizzard I could hardly sleep. I woke up several times to "thundersnow," with some very bright lightning, all of which Amit slept through. When I woke up at 5 to make sure I was off, Emma woke up and had to go out (of course). I opened the door to the back yard, she put one foot out, and froze. She looked around like she was thinking "What the heck happened to my yard?"! It was the funniest thing! We had some major wind gusts, so as soon as one hit, she came running back for the house.
Here she is exploring. Check out all that snow!
After we all went back to bed for a couple hours, we began our snow day with our official celebratory breakfast.
Waffles, anyone?
So I think that my New Year's resolution is to become as crazily organized as Martha Stewart. I spent most of the day indoors, mainly because Amit volunteered to shovel and refused my help. I did use that as an excuse to write a giant to-do list and finish most of it. I reorganized the pantry and dining room closet, did laundry, went through boxes of stuff and dumped a bunch of old stuff, went through old magazines and pictures, and brought a bunch of stuff down to the basement for storage. I was on a roll!! Amit did a great job shoveling. As you can see, he had a LOT to shovel.
Amit enjoying his workout. At least I think he enjoyed it.
 Here's the final covering of snow on the grill.
Crazy!
 Emma had a great time outside, too. She loved trying to find her tennis ball in all that snow.
We had a great snow day! Who could complain about a day off in the middle of the week? It was the first time we've ever experienced more than a foot of snow in 24 hours. We ended up with about 18 inches on the ground. It looks like we'll be pulling out the skis this weekend!!

No comments:

Post a Comment