Saturday, October 1, 2011

Welcome Fall!

I love fall in New England! The weather is cooling down again, after a strange heat wave, so I'm getting in the mood for autumn. I thought a wreath would be a nice touch and then found this great idea on one of my new favorite blogs. So here we go!
Project #1 - Fall Wreath
I started it with Kirsten and Mel, but felt it needed a little more.
One flower and painted "P" later, and it is complete!
 We hung in the living room, so I can look at it all the time!

Project #2 - Decoupaged pumpkins
I loved this idea! We used pieces torn out from a dictionary we picked up at Savers.
You start with super fake pumpkins.
 Add the torn-off pages from your trusty dictionary.
It took a lot of tearing and a lot of Mod Podge, 
but that's what you get when you're a perfectionist.
 My inspiration used Spanish moss and cinnamon sticks,
but I'm not sure if I like that idea better.
I just painted the stems brown.
I had so much fun with these projects! Amit did a great job of ripping paper, without him it would have taken forever! We have a few more fall decorations in the works, so stay tuned! 

Happy Fall Everyone!!

No comments:

Post a Comment