Monday, April 16, 2012

We're Growing Things!

Well, we're trying to, at least. As I count down the years until we can start working on our own garden and landscaping, I try to train my "green thumb" as much as I can.

Lately I've been making a lot of recipes that use fresh herbs, which means we buy a new bunch with each trip to the grocery store. Amit and I love buying our local produce from Volante Farms down the street, but we would really love to grow it for ourselves. Since we're moving in less than two months, there is no point in filling big containers with plants. We needed to come up with a better plan...

The tea that Amit drinks comes in these beautiful, antique-looking tins. I've been saving them, knowing that there is a better use for them than to go in the landfill. Turns out, they are the perfect containers to (hopefully) grow some herbs in!

 A beautiful weekend for planting!
We planted basil, chives, parsley, and cilantro.

Now it is time to wait and pray that the seeds sprout! The tins look great in their new home on the coffee table. I can't wait to see them grow and eventually have some homegrown fresh herbs in my food!

No comments:

Post a Comment