Saturday, June 30, 2012

Sewing at Home

I was going to title this "Sister Sewing Day," but a more accurate title would have been "Sister Sewing Day Turns Into Sewing Marathon." Dylan and I spent a good two days sewing and working on various projects. Not surprisingly, I managed to fit in much less sewing than Dylan did. She is amazing!

The main reason for our sewing day was that I wanted to try my hand at sewing a cardigan. I didn't think I would be able to attempt it on my own, so I wanted her help. Dylan's been wanting to try some new projects, so on top of supervising me, she had to work on a few projects of her own (for me)! (I did manage to hem two of my existing skirts with minimal help from her, while she worked on these other projects.)

Dylan hard at work on my skirt.
Found the tutorial at Elle Apparel
but knew I could never make one myself.  
The nearly finished skirt!
(Photo of me in skirt to come ASAP)

I found this cardigan tutorial at the same blog.
Dylan agreed to finish the neck for me, 
so I can't wait to get it!
 Proof that I did most of the sewing!

We threw in a couple fun projects -
I didn't like the tank top tutorial,
I think I'll try a different one next time...

After our first long day sewing,
we needed some food from Greek Fest!!

We had so much fun sewing! I still have a few things to finish, and obviously need to take photos IN the clothing that we've made, but that will have to wait for another blog post. She's also making me a very cute wrap dress, so I can't wait to see how that turns out!

No comments:

Post a Comment