Sunday, October 28, 2012

Fall Craft Projects

Time to take a break from all of the homework and lesson planning to show you that aside from all of the fun that I have with my students, I'm actually doing my "normal" thing. Last year I made some decoupaged pumpkins and this year I knew I wanted to make some pumpkins, but felt like switching it up a little bit. Every time I feel like taking a break from my work (which usually is more often than I really should) I find new ideas on Pinterest.

I headed over to my friend Melissa's and we tried some fun new projects! Apologies for the not so great pictures - the camera is in NY.

Paperback Pumpkins
(Pinned from this blog.)
This craft was a little on the dangerous side...
 But we managed to finish it in one piece!
We used coffee to color the outside of the book,
then I added a light coat of metallic gold paint.
 Ta-da!
Just need to add some ribbon to the top.

We also made a burlap bubble wreath.
It was really easy and it looks so fun!
I can't wait to hang it up on our front door.
The only thing I'm still deciding - do I add some cute little gold or red berries?
This is the nearly-finished product.
Thanks to Hurricane Sandy,
I should be able to finish it tomorrow!

And my very latest fall decor item -
this awesome pumpkin canvas art.
Thank goodness Melissa has a Cricut machine - 
it made cutting out the letters so easy!
(The ribbon detail around the edges is my favorite part!)

I love all of my new fall decor and can't wait to put them up around the house! One other project that I did, but haven't taken pictures of is my chalkboard paint pumpkins. They look so good and I can't wait to draw some designs on them with my new chalk! Pictures will come, I promise! Once I'm actually home to do the decorating, I'll post a fall tour of the house and see all of my FINISHED creations in their proper places!

No comments:

Post a Comment