Saturday, December 19, 2009

Anniversary Date Night

That's right... We're celebrating a big anniversary tomorrow... It has been six years since we started dating and six months since we got married!! Wow. Six and six, pretty cool, huh? I think it is awesome! (I'm a pretty good planner ;-) aren't I?)

So we celebrated by going out for dinner at Olive Garden, because I can never turn down their salad and breadsticks. They are fantastic! (Plus it never hurts to fill up on salad and breadsticks, so you can take home more leftovers!) We treated ourselves to a drink as well, we were big spenders!

After dinner was our real anniversary present. We bought tickets to see Straight No Chaser at Berklee, because we love Christmas music and holiday shows. We've already seen Trans-Siberian Orchestra and loved them, so we wanted to change it up a little and try out SNC. In case you haven't heard of them, check out their rendition of the 12 Days of Christmas here. (Jump to 1:15 if you want to skip the talking.) It was FANTASTIC!! I mean seriously, any acapella group who can do some Beyonce and Amy Winehouse must be pretty talented. I think my favorite part of the night, besides the 12 Days and the Christmas Can Can (another You Tube must!!) was their second encore. They came out, with no mics, and sang an absolutely amazing version of O Holy Night. Definitely the best one I have ever heard and I'm not easily pleased, O Holy Night is my favorite Christmas song, so I have high expectations.

All in all, it was a great date night. Now we're at home, waiting for the snow to fall so that we can go skiing on our actual six month anniversary! Let's hope we get a lot of snow!!


1 comment: